Thursday, December 11, 2008

Jimmy Jam & Terry Lewis Reunite with The Time












Legendary producers Jimmy Jam & Terry Lewis have announced a reunion album with The Time which will include all former members including Morris Day, Jerome Benton, Jellybean Johnson, Monte Moir and Jesse Johnson. This is great news for me, being such a throwback fiend and all. According to Eurweb, the project came to fruition after an appearance on last year's Grammys followed by a successful stint in Vegas. They are said to be putting the finishing touches on the cd. Jam & Lewis also discussed a potential reunion with their former musical muse Janet Jackson:
“I think she’s anxious to do some work. And [The Time] is back together because we want to be together, not because we need to be together,” he said. “If we collaborate with Janet again, and by the way, I never thought that we wouldn’t collaborate again. Just because you work with another producer or decide to go the other way, that that closes the door of the possibility. We want to work with her and I think she wants to work with us and if that all happens, then that’s what we’re going to do.”
It would be great to see JJ return to the top of the chart heap for a minute. And might this also include some collaboration from The Time co-producer and creator Jamie Starr? One can only hope. As for myself, I'm gonna slap on my 'phones and trip back with some throwbacks of some of their best production works like, You Used To Hold Me So Tight, The Finest, Fishnet, If It Isn't Love, The Pleasure Principle, Tender Love, Fake, Saturday Love, I Didn't Mean To You On and I Wish I Wasn't, to name a few.


1 comment:

bujo bath n body said...

hi my name is johanna jones from minnesota. my uncle maurice kemp told us he played in the band as a drummer. with the time/or moores day. we are looking for hem. if you know where he is could you please tell him to call my mom luladee jones or johanna jones his. we love him so and miss him we now live in long beach cal. my e-mail is jazzywest1@yahoo.com no. is 5623610613 ps i love you guy,s your from my town, my block, my street. where i grew up. yessssss. thanks love jo.jo owner of bujo bath n body co.