Friday, November 14, 2008

POP'AFRICANA

I gotta love my great friend, San Francisco based graphic artist/designer Antoinette Celes, for keeping me up on the latest fashion trends! She recently emailed me about a fashion & art magazine called Pop'Africana, which is the brainchild of Oroma Elewa, who aside from being the founder and editor, also happens to be a stylist and photographer. With the recent wobbly state of print magazines nowadays, I can't help but feel a bit nervous about her chances at success with this endeavor, but I will say that this project perhaps has a built-in niche market to tap into as I've alluded to in a previous article I wrote recently for Radar Magazine Online.
Here's a sample of what's inside:






















The above pages feature the fashions of Francis Stallings (lace trimmed suit), Kiki de Montparnesse (panty with bows), Yves Saint Laurent, and the art of MECURA (eyewear). For more detailed pix, go here.

It's clear that this sister knows her stuff, so let's wish her all the best!


2 comments:

caramimi said...

b, you are the best! thanks for the shout. but even better, giving this magazine some light. i love seeing a fresh, new flavor amongst the sea of sameness in print rags.

Anonymous said...

Beezo,
Your inciteful comments inspire!!