Wednesday, November 12, 2008

A Black President? A Cure for AIDS? Elvis Is Not The King?



What the fuck?

I don't know what's going on around here, but in the last couple of days, there have been some pretty earth-rattling occurances which leads me to believe that this whole Obama thing might be the beginning of some major shifts in the way we look at the world. I mean really. Aside from white gays planning covert attacks on African American church ladies over the defeat of Proposition 8 (Incidentally, I hear that the plan is they're gonna get 'em while they're in their Sunday Best, because really, what self-respecting woman would fight back and ruin a fly dress and dope hat, but they never saw my Aunt Lula slip out of her spikes and grease up her face!), to a potential cure for AIDS. According to the Wall Street Journal, a doctor replaced a luekemia patient's bone marrow cells with those from a donor who was naturally resistant to HIV. Hey, put that condom back on!!! The medical community is choosing to remain cautiously optimistic, at best. But what about the latest Rolling Stone Poll citing Aretha Franklin, as the greatest singer of the rock era and not Elvis Presley, as previously believed? Okay, I know, tell you something you didn't already know (sorry, MJ).

And I'm not gonna break out a 40, hop on the subway, flex my chest and yell, "Move, Whitey, we running this shit now", nor will I run down to American Express and tell them, "Fuck a bailout, gimme some reparations and some goddamn CARDS!" Well, I might reconsider that last one.

Nevertheless, I'll just take all of this as a good sign. For now.

No comments: