Thursday, January 29, 2009

President Obama Pays Homage To Beyonce's Single Ladies


Beyonce can rest a little easier now that she has the President's seal of approval. Singer John Legend has captured video of the President Obama working the crowd and greeting the R&B siren at the Concert on the Mall. The Huffington Post reported the following exchange after some light prodding from the First Lady about his enthusiasm for the ubiquitous hit "Single Ladies (Put A Ring On It"):

Michelle Obama says, "Mr. President, you didn't tell Beyonce about 'Single Ladies'? Your rendition?"

"I'm not like Justin [Timberlake]" Obama says laughing, referencing the SNL spoof. "I didn't put on the outfit... [but} I didn't want my girls thinking that I couldn't, you know... I got a lil something."

And with that, he did the hand flip and added, "This part I get."

Two days later he again danced to Beyonce, along with wife Michelle, at his first inaugural ball.


Now, about that ever elusive Oscar................

No comments: