Friday, February 27, 2009

Slumdog Child Star Beaten In Public By Dad

Azharuddin Mohammed, 10 year old star of the Oscar-winning smash Slumdog Millionaire, was subjected to a public beating today by his father who was frustrated by his son's refusal to comply with his wish to display him before an adoring public outside of the tent the family lived in.

No doubt exhausted from his recent travels and still riding high on what must have been a whirlwind of public appearances and interviews, combined with returning home to the realities of life in slums of Mumbai, maybe the kid just wanted to crash, you know?
Instead, he was treated to a hot dose of said reality, much like the one portrayed in the movie. After repeatedly slapping and kicking the boy, his father, Israel, then apologized.

"I was so confused and stressed by my son's homecoming that I did not know myself for a minute. I love my boy and I'm happy to have him home", he stated soon afterwards. Wow. Talk about life imitating art imitating life.

Read more about it here.

No comments: